Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cleo vote breakdown

For a week I ran the inaugural Voicething poll, asking what your favorite Cleo de Nile doll is. Out of a total of 45 votes, over a third of you (17 votes, or 37% overall), went with Scaris Cleo as your doll of choice, making her the number one pick by far! Although she wasn't my pick, if you've read my review you know I think quite highly of the doll myself -- you guys have great taste! That bold faceup is hard to deny!

Wave 1 Basic and Skull Shores Cleo tied for second, each getting six votes (13% each overall). I had a feeling Cleo's Wave 1 Basic would be one of the more popular ones, as for a lot of fans those Wave 1 dolls are hard to beat! I was pleasantly surprised that the Skull Shores doll did so well. She's one of my personal favorites, but since she was only available in the pricey Target exclusive pack I thought she might have trouble getting votes. I'm glad she didn't!

Coming in third was School's Out Cleo. Among the five people (11% overall) who voted for her was myself. I have a feeling you folks were tuning in to the same things I was when you chose her -- beautiful face, unique outfit, great hair (those diagonal bangs and gold headband are everything), and one helluva purse! Rounding out the top five were Dead Tired Cleo (4 votes, 8% overall), and Ghouls Rule and Picture Day Cleo, tying with two votes each (4% overall).

The remaining dolls -- Dawn of the Dance, Gloom Beach, and Fearleading -- each got one vote. I expected Fearleading Cleo to be one of the lesser scoring dolls, as despite being very beautiful she's not particularly unique. I thought DOTD Cleo would do a bit better, considering she was many people's first ever Cleo doll, and her hair and face are pretty different from any of the other dolls. Whatever doll you chose, I'm sure we can all agree Cleo is a wonderful character and her dolls have a knack for being gorgeous!




I haven't decided what the next poll will be but this was a lot of fun so there will definitely be more! In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for the next one let me know!

Til next time!

7 comments:

  1. Interesting results. I think the Dawn of the dance is more beautiful than the basic wave 1....

    Monster High Rom in Facebook have been stealing others doll pictures. I think I saw couple of yours in that page. I asked her to take off our pics, but it didn't work. I hope you get justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Mummy, I prefer my DOTD Cleo to the basic doll, by just a (pageboy) hair.

      I'm not too worried about people using my pics, as long as they give their source and link to the blog. Did they? Pretty uncool if they didn't...

      Delete
    2. No, she didn't. And that's the problem. She put her own watermark in those stolen pictures...

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the heads up Mummy! So sorry for the belated response! :-/

      Delete
  2. Oooh... I missed the poll! My vote would've gone to Dead Tired Cleo. She's my personal favorite! (De-tinseled, of course XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Astro! With your vote included that ties DT Cleo with School's Out. Pretty cool! It's funny you mention the tinsel. I de-tinseled my DT Cleo, too! She looks so much better without it, and it fits the less overdone theme of the DT line.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! :D

      DT is probably my favorite of all the lines. As much as I love the wild colors and styles of MH dolls, I'm always a sucker for the gentler tones and styles of the DT dolls. I just wish more of them came in cute pajamas that could double as a dress ;) I can't wait for Spectra's DT!! Her nightie is so adorable! :D

      Delete